Friday, March 25, 2011

on faith and mountains

I recently returned from an adventure to Colorado with my family.
(Well, most of my family. Jimmy is serving Christ in China, and was very greatly missed.)
It was an incredible week of skiing, snowshoeing, reading, and reflecting.

Now, I love Colorado and I love the mountains.
 Mountains remind me, for a moment, of how small I am. The enormous mountains seem to enclose me, and it is almost overwhelming. Most of all, though, it is breathtaking. And It is when I see my frailty compared to these massive cliffs that I realize my inconsistency compared to His steadfastness.
I realize that I am small.


I needed to be reminded of that.


it was a grand time.
We missed you, Jimmy.
~
"At least once every day I shall look steadily up at the sky and remember that I, a consciousness with a conscience, am on a planet traveling in space with wonderfully mysterious things above and about me."
Clyde Kalby




Love,
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. amazing pictures, amazing message. thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, wow! Beautiful pictures and a wonderful reminder, thank you friend. :)

    ReplyDelete